We are excited to launch an innovative youth mentorship and job training opportunity, the Lowline Young Ambassadors Program. Designed to deepen and expand the Lowline’s commitment to youth education and engagement, this program builds upon over 3 years of the Lowline Young Designers Program.
The Lowline Young Ambassadors Program will help prepare 16 rising juniors for careers and educational paths in science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics (STEAM) related fields. Young Ambassadors will acquire, enhance, and refine their communication and leadership skills through participatory experiences such as facilitating community design charrettes, engaging visitors in the Lowline Lab and spearheading various design-based activities for families and school-based audiences. In addition, each Young Ambassador will be eligible to receive a scholarship for their participation in the program.
Online applications for the Lowline Young Ambassadors Program are being accepted now through September 16, 2016.
– Interest in exploring and learning science, technology, engineering, arts and math.
– Interest in interacting with the public and developing communication skills.
– Special consideration will be given to applicants referred by a Lower East Side-based community organization.
– Facilitate design-based activities for families and school-based audiences.
– Lead quarterly design charrettes alongside the cohort for the local community.
Applications are open now through September 16, 2016. Selected applicants will be notified by September 23, 2016, and invited to participate in a group interview, to take place between September 26, 2016 and September 30, 2016.
This program is made possible by generous support from the Pinkerton Foundation. Please contact us at email@example.com for sponsorship opportunities or if your organization is interested in learning more about the Lowline Young Ambassadors Program.