get involved / jobs
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- – Extremely polished writer, able to convey both professionalism and emotion in a variety of channels; a brilliant communicator in person.
- – High level of energy and enthusiasm.
- – Social media native (fluent in all things Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, and beyond).
- – Graphic and web design skills and experience – Photoshop, InDesign, WordPress, Mailchimp highly preferred.
- – Independent worker willing to take on all tasks—glamorous and otherwise.
- – Interest in parks, public space, “green” technology, New York City and its politics, urban design, and preferably the Lower East Side of Manhattan.
- – Must be able to commit to a minimum of 3+ days per week (full-time preferred).
- – Top-notch academic credentials and some professional experience preferred.
- – Spanish and/or Chinese language proficiency preferred.
Responsibilities will include:
- – Community Engagement: Support the execution, optimization, and strategic direction of the Lowline’s community outreach efforts, including Young Designers Program, community events, public talks, and small business initiatives.
- – Event Production: Support Lowline events, such as fundraisers, community street fairs, and the Lowline Lab technology exhibit.
- – Online Content: Help produce and curate online social media content and support digital engagement across other communication channels (i.e. email, website).
- – Operations: Manage internal systems and day-to-day operations as appropriate.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Lowline Intern”