About the Role:
Following an official approval from the City of New York, the Lowline is actively leading the research, planning, and community-driven design necessary to prepare schematic design documents for the project. It is also embarking upon a multi-million-dollar capital campaign, and is now seeking a Director of Development to provide leadership in the development and successful execution of this campaign.
The Director of Development will be responsible for the strategic development and implementation of the first phase of the Lowline’s capital campaign. This position will report to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities will include:
- – Strategic role in shaping the development of the Lowline’s first capital campaign, as well as leadership in executing short-term and long-term fundraising strategies.
- – Execution of all aspects of the Lowline’s capital campaign fundraising initiatives, including donor research and outreach strategy for corporate, public, foundation, and individual giving.
- – Organization and implementation of all fundraising solicitations related to operational fundraising, including end-of-year campaign and fundraising events.
- – Preparation and execution of public and private grant writing.
- – Management of the Lowline’s fundraising timeline including campaigns, fundraising events, public and private grant deadlines, and donor reports.
- – Direct solicitation of capital campaign contributions, in close collaboration with the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- – Management of a database system for individual, corporate, and foundation donors, maintaining donor information and accurate recordkeeping, and managing correspondence, leading to greater insight into and strategic growth of donor base.
- – Creation of clear, specific, and measurable goals and programs, conducting evaluation and reporting on goals and adjusting strategies when necessary.
- – Coordination of fundraising and friend-raising events at all levels, including managing event committees, invitations, RSVPs, donations, corporate sponsorships, vendors, day-of setup, check in, optimization, troubleshooting, and reporting.
- – Development of digital, video, and print fundraising collateral, designed for both the capital campaign and ongoing operational fundraising, including content for events, emails, social media, and the Lowline’s website.
- – Exceptionally skilled fundraising strategist with a proven record of success in engaging prospective donors and closing gifts.
- – Minimum of 5 years’ experience in planning, implementing, and managing non-profit capital campaigns and/or development initiatives.
- – Dynamic and engaging, possessing exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including superior and persuasive writing and research skills.
- – Strong leadership abilities, demonstrating effectiveness in conducting meetings.
- – Focused and highly motivated self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team, collaborating with colleagues, solicitors, and vendors.
- -Able to accomplish all aspects of the development function from basic administrative tasks to high-level strategy.
- – Comfortable working for a small, nimble, ambitious start-up organization with minimal support staff.
- – Previous development database experience required.
- – Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google docs.
- – Familiarity with CMS (WordPress preferred), HTML, and MailChimp preferred.
- – Deep personal and professional commitment to developing community-centered public space; building a world-class destination; and using technology and design to improve our world.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Director of Development”.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- – Extremely polished writer, able to convey both professionalism and emotion in a variety of channels; a brilliant communicator in person.
- – High level of energy and enthusiasm.
- – Social media native (fluent in all things Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, and beyond).
- – Graphic and web design skills and experience – Photoshop, InDesign, WordPress, Mailchimp highly preferred.
- – Independent worker willing to take on all tasks—glamorous and otherwise.
- – Interest in parks, public space, “green” technology, New York City and its politics, urban design, and preferably the Lower East Side of Manhattan.
- – Must be able to commit to a minimum of 3+ days per week (full-time preferred).
- – Top-notch academic credentials and some professional experience preferred.
- – Spanish and/or Chinese language proficiency preferred.
Responsibilities will include:
- – Community Engagement: Support the execution, optimization, and strategic direction of the Lowline’s community outreach efforts, including Young Designers Program, community events, public talks, and small business initiatives.
- – Event Production: Support Lowline events, such as fundraisers, community street fairs, and the Lowline Lab technology exhibit.
- – Online Content: Help produce and curate online social media content and support digital engagement across other communication channels (i.e. email, website).
- – Operations: Manage internal systems and day-to-day operations as appropriate.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Lowline Intern”